Sunday, March 06, 2005

Talking In church on Easter

Today I was asked to talk in church on Easter Sunday. I am planning on talking about the date of the first Easter. The June 1985 Ensign has an article written by John Pratt that talks about this.
The morning of the Savior's resurrection could be considered the most important moment in earthly history. The announcement "He is risen" signaled that death had been conquered and the Atonement accomplished. Certainly it is an event worthy of the celebration and great rejoicing which we accord it each year at Easter. But when did this marvelous event happen? On what date did Jesus rise from the tomb?

I am a little concerned because of the complexity of this topic but I think that if I am carefull I will be able to cover it appropriately.

No comments: